Joseph F. Pacelli, Associate
Bankruptcy & Restructuring Group$ Corporate & Securities Group$ Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring Group
- Corporate & Securities Group
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group
ILLUSTRATIVE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Representing Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in its ongoing and successful pursuit of billions of dollars in indemnification claims against hundreds of mortgage loan sellers in the Southern District of New York.
- Representing LTL Management, an affiliate of Johnson & Johnson, in a chapter 11 case it filed to resolve its talc liability in the New Jersey Bankruptcy Court.
- Representing a mutual insurance company in connection with litigation following its acquisition by an affiliate of Berkshire Hathaway in New York State Court.
- Represented court-appointed Chapter 11 trustee of Princeton Alternative Income Fund, a debt fund providing capital to consumer finance companies operating in the alternative lending marketplace.
- Representing Village Super Market, Inc. in connection with its purchase of assets from the bankruptcy estate of Fairway Group Holdings Corp. and its affiliates.
- Represented the successful buyer of a bankrupt manufacturing corporation’s assets in a Section 363 sale in the District of New Jersey.
- Represented noteholder in connection with closing a settlement transaction due to borrowers’ default.
- Represented secured party in connection with litigation foreclosing on collateral.
- Represented secured and unsecured creditors in connection with chapter 7 and chapter 11 bankruptcies.
- Represented cryptocurrency exchange in connection with initiating litigation against foreign parties within its chapter 15 bankruptcy.
- Represented buyer in connection with the purchase of commercial real property.
West Virginia Wesleyan College (B.S. in Business Management, cum laude, 2010)
Nova Southeastern University, Sheppard Broad College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2018)
New York - 2020
SDNY - 2020
EDNY - 2022
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit - 2022