Brant D. Kuehn, Partner
Litigation & Dispute Resolution Group
Brant Kuehn litigates complex commercial disputes, focusing on financial matters. Brant has litigated civil securities cases, restructurings and distressed situations, contested mergers and acquisitions, securitizations, managed regulatory investigations and internal investigations, and has advised clients in a wide range of disputed situations.
Brant received his J.D. from Washington & Lee University School of Law, cum laude, in 2006. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2002, majoring in Political Science and History.
Illustrative Professional Experience
- Represented ad hoc committee of creditors with holdings in excess of $2 billion in Puerto Rico financial crisis.
- Represented insurance company in securities fraud action and confidential mediations seeking recovery for losses on RMBS investments. Case settled for $650 million.
- Represented RMBS investor as a creditor in mortgage originator and sponsor bankruptcy.
- Represented financial institution in arbitration with former subsidiary related to losses allegedly suffered in securities lending program.
- Represented investors and RMBS trustees pursuing mortgage repurchase claims.
- Represented financial institution in state law securities fraud action brought by charitable foundation investor including defense of trial court victory on appeal.
- Represented financial institution in government investigations and inquiries including by the Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission, various Congressional committees, state attorneys general and state insurance departments.
- Represented financial institution in connection with investigations by the Special Inspector General for the Trouble Asset Relief Program (SIGTARP).
- Managed internal investigation of financial institution compliance programs in the United States, Bermuda and Hong Kong and of risk management department in New York.
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan (2011-2017)
- Weil Gotshal & Manges (2008-2011)
- Borstein & Sheinbaum (2006-2008)