Javaad Ali, Associate
Jaavad Ali has a BA, with honors, in Economics from Northwestern, an MS in Quantitative Finance from HEC Paris, and a JD from Northwestern University School of Law. Before joining WMD, Jaavad helped handle a wide range of corporate and securities matters, for both public and private issuers at Debevoise & Plimpton, Dentons, and Kirkland & Ellis. Javaad is technologically proficient, and has received a substantial startup grant from IBM to develop AI applications for corporate law, launching a startup Advocates Close in May 2022.
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, JD (2017)
HEC Paris, M.S. Quantitative Finance (2013)
Northwestern University, BA (Honors) Economics (2010)
New York (2020)
- Advised Amcor Ltd. in its $6.8 billion acquisition of Bemis Co.
- Advised Azko Nobel in connection with the $12.5 billion sale of its specialty chemicals unit to the Carlyle Group
- Advised Starwood Waypoint Homes in connection with its proposed $10.2 billion acquisition of real estate investment trust
- Advised Fortive Corporation in connection with its $2.0 billion acquisition of Accruent
- Advised Francisco Partners in connection with its strategic minority investment by Blackstone and Goldman Sachs Asset Management
- Advised Blackstone in connection with its acquisition of a minority interest in New Mountain Capital
- Advised Wyndham Worldwide in connection with its $1.95 billion acquisition of La Quinta’s franchise and management business and its issuance of $500 million of senior notes
- Advised OneSpaWorld in connection with its $948 million business combination with Haymaker Acquisition Corporation, a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company
- Advised Blackstone portfolio company in its $500 million notes offering and $180 million add-on senior notes offering
- Advised BlackRock in connection with $471 million agreement to purchase notes 144A notes issued by special purpose entities