Gerald Coviello, Partner
Corporate & Securities Group
Gerald Coviello concentrates his practice on corporate transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities transactions, start-up company counseling, private equity and venture capital transactions, hedge fund formation and counseling, secured lending transactions, employment related matters, pre-litigation counseling and resolution of shareholder disputes.
Gerald counsels business entities and their owners at all stages of their development, from start-up to exit. He also serves as outside general counsel to small and midsized companies in a variety of industries including, without limitation, financial services, banking, media, sports and entertainment, advertising, hedge funds, technology, biotechnology, clean-tech and consumer products.
Gerald received his J.D. from Pace University School of Law, cum laude, in 2000, where he served as a Note and Comment Editor of the Pace Law Review. Gerald received his B.A. in Political Science from State University of New York at Albany, magna cum laude. Gerald is admitted to practice law in New York and Connecticut.
- Has served as outside general counsel to companies in a variety of industries including technology, manufacturing, sports, media and food and beverage.
- Served as lead corporate counsel to Power Capital Partners LLC (an energy focused private equity fund), in the closing of multi-million dollar joint ventures and energy development projects.
- Served as counsel to Benjamin Moore in the acquisition of INSL-X Corp., a specialty paint manufacturer.
- Served as counsel to Bond Desk Group LLC (together with its affiliates, “BondDesk”) in the sale of BondDesk to NBD Acquisition LLC in a merger transaction valued at $315,000,000.
- Represented Union Capital LLC in a distressed debt acquisition involving the purchase of assets in a 363 transaction.
- Served as counsel to IPC Systems Inc. in its $62,000,000 acquisition of Positron, Inc. a Canadian manufacturer and distributer of command and control systems technologies.
- Served as counsel to IPC Systems Inc. in the sale of IPC Information Systems Inc. to West Corporation for $167,000,000.
- Served as lead corporate counsel to Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi in an $85,000,000 credit facility issued to Bank of Tokyo client and subsequent $20,000,000 credit line increase.
- Represented management team in a $30,000,000 management buyout of Zolfo Cooper LLC, a restructuring and advisory firm, from Kroll Inc.
- Served as counsel to Kismet International Inc. in the sale of Kismet’s gaming business and software platform to Cantor Fitzgerald Gaming Inc.
- Has served as counsel to placement agents, issuers and investors in dozens of private placement transactions involving private and public companies in a variety of different industries including, without limitation, automotive, finance, biotechnology, med-tech, gas & oil exploration and production, clean-tech, Internet, software, computer hardware, manufacturing, food and beverage (soft drinks and spirits), sports technology, film production, media, children’s media and fitness related products and programs.
Awards and Recognitions
Gerald has been listed as a "Super Lawyer" in New York for Business & Corporate law, a designation limited to 5% of the lawyers in a given state.